Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday should be a zombie horror movie.

I hate Black Friday.

I have made a statement. I do not like Black Friday because people are no longer people, they are animals. A place such as the mall becomes the savage land. This year, I was treated to what almost became a full scale riot at the Great Mall in Milpitas. An event known as "Midnight Madness" was to commence, and the mall doors from the back had been locked for quite sometime, and the time was 12:01 AM. Some people in the crowed were getting restless and started banging on the glass doors like cavemen.

A few jackasses in the back of the crowed decided to egg on the people in the front by motivating them to become more violent. Eventually, people in fear of a riot began to leave the area and go to another entrance. Finally, people were told to go in through an employee entrance, and everyone did. Once I was inside the mall, I realized that I had never been inside of a mall with that many people present. I began to realize just how claustrophobic I was when I was placed in that environment. I felt warm and cold at the same time. Light headed and dizzy and nauseous, which was a feeling that I would rather not feel again. I was able to actually purchase a few items after waiting in an hour long line, which was not worth it.

The whole idea is a bust, in that the better brand products are never usually the sale item. Even if it was a brand item on sale, the price reduction is really not that much, yet people buy into the whole idea that it is, and are willing to buy just about anything just because it is on sale. I could sell them garbage, and as long as it was at a discounted price, and they would buy it. Another thing to note is that when I was leaving, two of those glass doors that I was standing at when I first arrived, were shattered. Some morons actually broke through them just to get in and save ten dollars, if even that. Those idiots.

Once again, I hate Black Friday, and I think it would be the perfect title for a zombie horror flick. Bunch of zombies in the mall saying "I want my discount...and your brains!". Then there would be chainsaw's, shotgun's, and bad one-liner's. Sounds good to me.

To all the people that are fortunate enough to not have to work on Black Friday, especially in retail, do yourself a favor and sleep in!

No comments: