Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Adios Barry Bonds





The San Francisco Giants have finally done it.

After Barry Bonds did not play in the Major League Baseball All-Star game, I had a feeling that things were looking downhill for Barry. I personally don't really care for him because I am an Oakland A's fan. When I heard the news that the San Francisco Giants did not draw up a new contract for Barry Bonds to sign, I was quite happy.

After all of the hype about the home run record, it is now over. I no longer have to hear Giants fans gloat about their hero. Steroids or not, he has in fact broken the home run record, and that can never be taken away from him. Luckily for me, he was taken off the team altogether. He broke the record, sold out the games, but it is all over now. The Giants no longer need him to take up space on the roster or put up with his attitude. Now I don't have to hear talk about how the Giants will dominate the season. If anything, I hope he is signed to the Los Angeles Dodgers, just to stick it to all of the Giants fans. Or better yet, to the New York Yankees. That would be a beautiful thing. Hell, I might even buy his jersey and flaunt it around. Sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

I should thank Barry for the memories. Most notably the unsportsmanlike conduct he's showed over the years, and the Balco steroid scandal. Both were very entertaining moments in baseball history.

Adios Barry Bonds!

Photo Credit: www.dccomics.com

No comments: