Thursday, September 20, 2007

Videogame Madness - XBOX 360




Who is the next opponent in the world to get "pwned"?

That is video gamer talk for being "owned" or otherwise defeated by another player in a videogame. With the slew of new videogame consoles released in the last year, it's no wonder why so many people are excited about the great games being released this time of year. The Microsoft XBOX 360, the Sony PlayStation 3, and the Nintendo Wii, are all a part of the competition to become number one. I will not go into any detail about the Playstation 3 or Nintendo Wii because I don't own either of them. The title of this article places the focus on one particular console.

I myself own an XBOX 360. The best thing about the XBOX 360 is what is known as XBOX Live. This is an online service that allows you to play against other players all over the world. For example, if you are playing at night time here in the USA, then there is a good chance you can play against someone else in another part of the world while it is daytime over there. With the included headset you are able to talk to people as well as play a game against them. I have learned many words, mostly cuss words, in different languages because of this, especially Japanese. I must say, the level of interactivity is amazing.

That level of interactivity is only going to increase come September 25th, 2007. The biggest title being released this year for the XBOX 360 is "HALO 3". This is a first-person shooter game, and a sequel that millions of people have been waiting years for. The two previous Halo titles have been the biggest selling titles of all time. This one is sure to follow or even overshadow the other two titles.

Personally, I like to use famous movie quotes whenever I am sneaking up on an opponent in a shooting game. If it is a quick sneak attack, I will give them the famous Bruce Willis quote, "Yippee-Ki-Yay M***** F*****!" - Die Hard, 1988. A better scenario is if I know they are out of bullets, then they get the Dirty Harry line. I believe it goes, "I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?" - Dirty Harry, 1971. After that, on many occassions you would recieve a nice shot to the head, courtesy of yours truly. Ah, good times, those were the days.

September 25th can't come soon enough!

Photo Credit: www.gamespot.com

1 comment:

La Professora said...

Being that the 25th is a Tuesday, can I expect you in class?

You know, there's a rumor that, with the VOIP aspect of those games, terrorist cells are using them to bypass the American wiretaps to organize. The kids play the game, the adults talk.

You could be helping out in the training of the next generation of terrorists.....